Why it Works
JOB SEEKER BENEFITS:
On-the-job training helps jobseekers quickly reenter the workforce while increasing their skills and earning a wage.
Employers recruit more efficiently, hire better-prepared employees who understand workplace expectations, and reduce their training costs. There is no enrollment cost for this program and minimal paperwork required.
How it Works
Employers who are a good fit for on-the-job training enter a training contract with the Nebraska Department of Labor (NDOL). OJT candidates:
- Cannot have worked at the employer previously
- Must also work in a full-time position that pays a minimum of $12 hourly
Eligible Employers are:
- Private for-profit businesses, private non-profit organizations, or public sector
- Providing workers compensation
- Up-to-date on Unemployment Insurance (UI) tax
- Not debarred or suspended from receiving federal contracts
- Hiring a worker or multiple workers who were impacted by a layoff
To learn more about OJT’s…
Contact one of our job centers to speak to a workforce coordinator or email NDOL.EconomicTransition@nebraska.gov