Worker Training Board Meeting Schedule
The Worker Training Board has set its tentative schedule for 2019.
First quarter grant applications: Deadline 12/31/18; The Board will meet 1/29/19
Second quarter applications: Deadline 3/31/19; The Board will meet 4/23/19
Third quarter applications: Deadline 6/30/19; The Board will meet 7/23/19
Fourth quarter applications: Deadline 9/30/19; The Board will meet 10/22/19
All applications must be submitted electronically.
The Worker Training Grant Application is being revised. The link will be reactivated in advance of the next deadline (September 30).
Nebraska Worker Training Board Membership
700 Kingbird Road
Lincoln, Nebraska 68521-3000
W (402) 458-8715 / FAX (402) 458-2019
Nebraska Community College Association
601 South 12th Street, Suite 200
Lincoln, Nebraska 68508
W 402.471-4685 / FAX 402.471-4726
12720 Scott Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68142
Commissioner of Labor
550 South 16th Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-4600
311 W 38th Street
Kearney, NE 68845
Steve Porr, Program Coordinator
550 South 16th Street
Lincoln, NE 68509-4600
W 402.471-9977 / FAX 402.471-2022
Grant Application Tips
This program is designed to support the retraining and upgrading of existing workers, currently employed in, or being trained for, high quality, long-term jobs that enhance business productivity.
- Complete grant application fully. Do not leave any areas blank.
- Use additional pages, if necessary
- Who you are - Name of your business.
- What you want to do? Name of your project.
- How much funding are you requesting for your project?
- How much matching funding will you provide as an employer? (Wages paid during training, space rental, equipment provided by your firm, project-oversight team member salaries or other cash contributions offsetting funds requested for your training project may be considered as an in-kind contribution, and included in matching funds).
- Please provide a budget. Breakdown how funds requested will be spent. Detail your in-kind matching contribution.
- What is the project proposed? Describe the project.
- Describe why the training is needed. Will you be doing the training anyway?
- Please provide a step-by-step approach showing how the training will be conducted. Who is the training provider? Are they certified, accredited, licensed, credentialed?
- What goals will your business accomplish with the training project?
- What will be measurable outcomes that can be placed in our Annual Report?
- Grants are directed to paying tuition and fees, preferably to established, certified, accredited, licensed Nebraska Training Providers.
- The program is intended to add to, not replace, training dollars equal to what you spent last year, and the year before (two-year average).
- The program will not reimburse: past training costs incurred prior to application, mandatory or required training, constructing buildings, purchasing equipment or paying your salary or employees' wages or salaries.
- Instructional materials purchased for the training project are considered public property and must remain publicly accessible.