Welcome to the Nebraska Appeal Tribunal
This site is to provide information for both claimants (people that applied for unemployment benefits) and employers regarding unemployment benefits.
- If you applied for benefits and want information on appeals, click HERE.
- If you want to file an appeal on-line, you must enter your Social Security Number and Personal Identification Number HERE: Once you have entered this information, you should find a link allowing you to file your appeal on-line.
- Printable Forms for Claimants
- If you are an employer and want information on appealing a determination granting a former employee benefits or to charge your experience account, click HERE
- If you want information on how to appeal a determination that found your business liable for payment of unemployment insurance combined tax and whether the rate has been properly determined, click HERE
- If you are an employer and want to file an appeal on-line, you must enter the employer's account number and PIN HERE. Once you have entered this information you should find a link allowing you to file an appeal on-line.
- Printable Forms for Employers
The Nebraska Department of Labor’s Appeal Tribunal was created by statute in 1937. The Tribunal is an independent appeal authority established to hear appeals of Department of Labor determinations relating to unemployment insurance benefits, unemployment insurance combined tax liability, contractor registration and safety issues. Appeal Tribunal decisions are based solely upon the law and the evidence received at the appeal hearing.
This information has been prepared and published by the Nebraska Appeal Tribunal. It is intended to inform, not to advise. Statements contained herein do not have the force and effect of law or rules and regulations. The purpose of this material is to acquaint the public with this function and to provide a brief description of these hearings. If you do not fully understand the law and your rights in regard to this appeal process or if you need further legal assistance, you should then contact a lawyer or attorney.
If you have any questions regarding appeal procedures or any information contained on this website, you may contact the Nebraska Appeal Tribunal at:
Nebraska Appeal Tribunal
PO Box 98941
Lincoln, NE 68509-4600